Monday, March 7, 2011

Why a Blog?

So, this is my first time doing anything like this.  I'm not one who usually blogs or talks about my life but I figure that since I am making some big changes in my life that I needed to do this to help me stay connected to my friends.  About 2 months ago, my husband Matt took a job in Durant, OK.  This put our world upside down because now we would be moving and I would have to look for a new job and we would also have to sell our house.  Needless to say, I was really upset about all this change but new that this was what was going to  be best for our future. 

Now the change has come for me...I got a job in Durant and I am going to be leaving Tulsa in about 3 weeks.  Tulsa is the only town I have lived in except for college so this is really out of my comfort zone.  I have been working at my  place of employment for almost 4 years, and have made some great friends along the way.  My very close friend Missy was the one who suggested I write a blog! I thought it over and since I'm not the best at calling people, I thought this would be a great idea to keep in contact with my friends.  I'm going to do my best at writing about my new adventures in Durant and adjusting to a whole new lifestyle down there.  So now that I am done ranting I can say that I have now gotten my first blog done! 

1 comment:

Missy said...

Dear Karla,
I love your new blooooggg.
And I loved it that you mentioned me, it took my breath awwwwaaaaayyy.

I will try my best to comment in song form as much as possible. :)